Lifesite.com recently posted an
article about women's dress that makes some key points about how men react to women:
Many women hope that in dressing provocatively men will find them attractive and desirable, with a view to a lasting relationship. In reality, however, few, if any, men view a scantily clad young woman walking down the street and gape after her with thoughts like, "What a beautiful girl, I wish I could marry her."
Rather, the thoughts of most, if they permit themselves the gaping, are too crude to put in print. Typically these thoughts do not consider the woman as a person.
The article goes on to make the distinction between modesty and style.
Decent or tasteful dress, as it is sometimes called, does not mean frumpy and unstylish as the folks at http://www.purefashion.com have made abundantly clear.
Such dress, which covers up the erogenous zones, leaves intact one of the most authentically appealing aspects of womanhood - the mystery. That mystery has its own compelling quality but one which is not given to usury as is provocative dress.
This "mystery" is an essential part of femininity. When I see a feminine girl, her very nature as a girl fills me with amazement. It's something I can't really understand but deeply admire. Women who play up their "sexiness" lose this mystery. They stop seeming like women and seem like objects, instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment